The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. “I think there are some ages, like the one we’re living in, when the game is kind of rigged towards products that contain music – sort of like those cheap drinks you get in a bad supermarket where it says, ‘Contains 10% juice.'” – Record Store Day 2012 ambassador Iggy Pop reflects on the current state of music.
2. MTV is partnering with MoMA P.S. 1 and Creative Time to bring back “Art Breaks”, those fantastic TV spots that were originally created by downtown artists like Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, and Kenny Scharf back in the ’80s. [via ArtsBeat]
3. Also returning to the network: new installments of its Unplugged series, which will kick-off on April 8 with a performance from Florence + the Machine, with episodes featuring the Civil Wars and Dierks Bentley to follow later in the year. [via Vulture]
4. The official logo for Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel has been unveiled. What do you think of Superman’s shield? It’s kind of dark looking, right? [via Slashfilm]
5. Unless this Hollywood’s idea of an early April Fool’s Day joke, there’s going to be a sequel to Twins called Triplets — and Eddie Murphy will join Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger as the third brother. [via THR]