The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. “I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence. Unfortunately, that’s not what was happening in that clip. I understand my fans being upset by what they saw. But, if you’re a Mary fan, you have to know I would never allow an unfinished spot like the one you saw go out.” — Mary J. Blige responds to the controversy over her recent Burger King ad.
2. Watching Jack White’s new music video for “Sixteen Saltines” makes us wonder if he’s secretly scared of children. [via Stereogum]
3. Bob Dylan’s 1975 album Blood on the Tracks is going to be made into a movie. “Our goal is to work with a filmmaker who can create a classic drama with characters and an environment that capture the feelings that the album inspires in all fans,” explains one of the project’s producers. [via THR]
4. Are you as curious as we are to find out what this West Wing reunion organized by Funny or Die is all about?
5. “Can I have a bad bitch without no flaws / come to meet me without no drawers?” asks Kanye West in “Theraflu,” a new track featuring DJ Khaled that Funkmaster Flex dropped out of nowhere yesterday on Hot 97. Perhaps it will end up on the G.O.O.D. Music collaboration album?
Bonus Buzz: Doggie Language