The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. “He turned his home into a movie set. He had extras and all of that. We had no idea. But I think that’s what he wanted. He wanted us to go into it with a casual feel and to do Shakespeare like you’re not used to seeing. He didn’t want big production value or it to be over-rehearsed… It might be a bizarre benefit to it that we didn’t master the language.” — Fran Kranz reveals more details about Joss Whedon’s top secret Much Ado About Nothing movie.
2. Tim Burton and Seth Grahame-Smith are planning to work together on yet another project — a stop-motion animation that the latter is currently “right in the middle” of writing called Night of the Living. Do you think that Johnny Depp is starting to get jealous? [via Slashfilm]
3. Horrible Bosses costars Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis are in talks to join the cast of We’re the Millers, a comedy that’s about “a pot dealer who pulls together a fake wife and two kids to pose as an RV road-tripping family so that he can smuggle 1000 pounds of pot cross country.” Sounds promising. [via Collider]
4. Universal is working with Steven Spielberg to release a digitally remastered and restored Jaws on Blu-ray on August 14th; the new version will feature a 7.1 surround sound mix and four hours of special features. [via EW]
5. A reunited Pulp played “Common People” and “Like A Friend” when they stopped by Jimmy Fallon last night — and it was awesome. Watch a clip of their late-night appearance here.