The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Arrested Development update: Will Arnett says that shooting for the Netflix miniseries (that will lead to a full-length movie!) begins this summer. [via Digital Spy]
2. Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose has chosen not reunite with his former bandmates this weekend in order to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, in part because “life doesn’t owe you your own personal happy ending.” Read a very long open letter explaining his decision here, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s response to the news here.
3. The Avengers had its world premiere last night in Hollywood, and the initial reactions to Joss Whedon’s superhero movie were overwhelming positive. Read all of the really amazing (and not at all spoilery!) things people had to say about it here.
4. Kristen Bell thinks that if her character Veronica Mars was still around, she’d probably be working in Homeland Security. We totally agree, don’t you? [via HuffPost]
5. According to TMZ, a hologram version of recently-deceased rapper Nate Dogg will perform several songs at Coachella this weekend alongside Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Warren G, and Daz Dillinger.