The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Apparently Tupac’s hologram might be headed out on tour. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that a close source to Dr. Dre says that he and Snoop Dogg are seriously considering it: “One option would be a tour in stadiums, involving other hip-hop stars, including Eminem, 50 Cent, and Wiz Khalifa. Alternately, they could stage a more limited tour, featuring only Dre, Snoop Dogg and the virtual Tupac, in smaller arenas.”
2. In case you missed the Firefly reunion that happened between Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin on last night’s Castle, here it is.
3. Did you know that Shia LaBeouf self-publishes his own comics? The Chicago Tribune calls them “crude, child-like drawings” that are “borderline philosophical,” but you can decide for yourself here.
4. Julianne Moore as the mom in Kimberly Peirce’s Carrie remake? We just don’t know how we feel about hearing her say, “I can see your dirty pillows.” [via Collider]
5. In what may be a first, Marc Maron is releasing the first 100 episodes of his popular WTF podcast as a collectible two-disc set for $50. You can pre-order one of the 1,000 copies in the limited-edition run here. [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: Portraits Using People As Pixels