1. Zooey Deschanel will play country singer Loretta Lynn in a new Broadway musical adaptation of Coal Miner’s Daughter, the same part that earned Sissy Spacek the Academy Award for Best Actress. [via ArtsBeat]
2. Last night’s George Clooney-/Jeffrey Katzenberg-hosted $40,000-a-plate fundraiser for President Obama brought in an estimated $15 million. That’s better than some movies make in their opening weekend. [via Gawker]
3. TVLine reports that Jessica Paré, who plays Megan on Mad Men, has submitted herself in the Lead Actress in a Drama race for this year’s Emmys, a ballsy move that means she’d potentially be facing off against Elisabeth Moss.
4. No surprise that ABC has decided to renew Modern Family, The Middle, Grey’s Anatomy, Castle, Once Upon a Time, Suburgatory, and Revenge. The jury’s still out on other shows like Happy Endings, Last Man Standing, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, and Private Practice. [via Vulture]
5. That’s awkward: Jimi Hendrix’s estate says that the Andre 3000-fronted biopic that was to be written and directed by John Ridley that we told you about earlier in the week is not happening — or if it is, it won’t be containing any of his music. [via NME]
Bonus Buzz: The Coolest Pancakes You Will Ever See