The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. If you haven’t seen the cover of this week’s Newsweek, which features a cover story by Andrew Sullivan on Barack Obama as the country’s first gay president — complete with a rainbow halo — here it is.
2. Jay-Z is curating and headlining the first-ever Budweiser Made in America music festival, which will feature a lineup of “rock, hip-hop, R&B, Latin and dance,” and will take place at Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on September 1 and 2. [via ArtsBeat]
3. According to an announcement on the band’s website, the new Animal Collective album will be titled Centipede Hz and is due out in September. Peep the tracklist here.
4. Fox’s new fall schedule is out, with the biggest news being that Glee is moving to a Thursday night slot, while Mindy Kaling’s new Bridget Jones-style doctor sitcom will be paired with Zooey Deschanel‘s New Girl. A smart move, if you ask us. [via Vulture]
5. The Avengers has made over $1 billion worldwide in just 19 days — a fact which, given the state of the global economy, we find totally insane. [via ABC News]
Bonus Buzz: The 10 Worst Special Effects Ever In Movies