1. This memo of pre-prepared responses that Sony Pictures Television sent the cast of Community for dealing with questions from the media about why Dan Harmon got fired is just as awkward as you’d imagine. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
2. Starting tonight at 8pm, The New Yorker will begin tweeting a new 8,500 word story by Jennifer Egan 140 characters at a time; the work, which is based around one of the characters from her Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, A Visit from the Goon Squad, will appear in its entirety in the May 29th issue of the magazine. [via Media Decoder]
3. If you’re wondering what President Obama has done toward achieving equal rights for gays and lesbians, this new Jane Lynch-narrated video released by his campaign yesterday should help fill in some blanks.
4. “I can see making music. I don’t know about a band format. But [Adam] Yauch would genuinely want us to try whatever crazy thing we wanted but never got around to.” — Mike D talks about the future of the Beastie Boys in a new interview with Rolling Stone
5. If you’re a Stone Roses fan, then this footage of the reunited band’s first performance in 16 years last night at Warrington Parr Hall is probably going to be pretty exciting.
Bonus Buzz: 18 Things We Learned From Boy Meets World