1. If you missed last night’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Fiona Apple stopped by to perform “Anything We Want” and a cover of Paul McCartney’s “Let Me Roll It” with The Roots. She also discussed her infamous Roseland Ballroom meltdown. Watch the footage here.
2. The fact that Hans Zimmer is scoring Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel is a really good sign for the Superman reboot, don’t you think? Or maybe producer Christopher Nolan just bullied him into doing it. [via THR]
3. Arsenio Hall will return to late night TV in September 2013. “In the end I’m a comic, and nothing fits the talk-show mode like a stand-up comic,” he says. “I know there are a lot of shows, but I think there’s a space for my show.” [via Gawker]
4. A large group of writers from Family Guy and The Simpsons have penned a letter protesting the fact that the Television Academy is allowing Community to compete for Emmys in animated categories when they aren’t allowed the same category-hopping privilege. The Academy’s response? Suck it. [via Inside TV]
5. Microsoft revealed its new Surface tablet at an event in Los Angeles yesterday, but you won’t be able to play with one until some time this fall. Meanwhile, here are some thoughts about how it stacks up against the iPad.
Bonus Buzz: Kevin Smith’s Greatest Film Characters