Did you know that there is a law in Florida that prohibits anyone from having sex with a porcupine? And in Massachusetts, it’s illegal to have sex with a rodeo clown in front of horses, but only at a rodeo? In Colorado, it’s against the law to kiss a sleeping woman. Do we really think that these are necessary? For your amusement, or, depending on where you live, your own good, we’ve gathered together ten of the strangest sex laws still on the books.
10. Adultery is punishable in California by a $1,000 fine and/or up to one year in prison
9. In Utah, sex with anyone EXCEPT your spouse is strictly prohibited.
8. Rhode Island prohibits unmarried people from engaging in sexual activities of any kind. If you’re caught, you have to pay a stiff fine of $10 each.
7. In Virginia, it’s illegal to copulate in any position but the missionary.
6. In Connorsville, Wisconsin, it is illegal for a man to shoot a gun while his female partner is having an orgasm.
5. In Florida, single, married, widowed, and divorced women are not allowed to parachute on Sunday afternoons. We’re not sure who that leaves or how this is related to sex, but we think it’s funny.
4. In Nevada, it’s illegal for any member of the state legislature to conduct official business while wearing a penis costume, but only while the legislature is in session
3. In South Dakota, prostitutes are prohibited from soliciting and/or providing services to customers from inside of a covered wagon.
2. It’s against the law to make love to a virgin in the state of Washington. The law even stipulates that newlyweds must spend their honeymoon night out-of-state.
1. In Paramaribo, Suriname, if a man rapes an unmarried woman he won’t be prosecuted, but only if the rape victim agrees to marry her attacker.
And now, Beck’s “Sexx Laws” video — because we forgot that Jack Black was in it before he was super famous.