1. The good news: Claire Danes and her husband Hugh Dancy are expecting their first child. The even better news: It won’t affect the shooting schedule of Season 2 of Homeland. [via Vulture]
2. Apparently San Diego accidentally set off all of the fireworks in their Fourth of July display in just 15 seconds. Watch a very brief video of the very brief show here.
3. Pitchfork has compiled a useful list of everything that we know so far about the forthcoming G.O.O.D. Music album Cruel Summer, which is due out on August 7th.
4. Frank Ocean has opened up about his sexuality in the hopes that “the babies born these days will inherit less of the bullshit than we did.” Read his open letter about falling in love with a man at 19 — which was originally going to be included in the liner notes of Channel Orange — here.
5. An unpublished one-act play from famed writer Don DeLillo that tackles the topic of global warming will have its premiere next week as part of the London Literature Festival. [via ArtsBeat]