The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Peter O’Toole — who is apparently just as lovely in real life as he is on the big screen — has announced that he’s retiring from acting at the age of 79. “It is time for me to chuck in the sponge,” he explained. “To retire from films and stage. The heart for it has gone out of me: it won’t come back.” The film legend currently holds the record for most competitive Academy Award acting nominations (8!) without a win.
2. Courtney Love is being sued yet again. This time, by a former assistant who claims that Love owes her thousands in unpaid wages and “made unethical requests such as instructing her to hire a hacker and falsify legal letters.” [via Spinner]
3. Can Russell Crowe really be playing Dracula in a movie directed by Hostel filmmaker Eli Roth? Because that just seems like a really bad idea. [via Vulture]
4. “Your show makes me laugh every time I watch it. And you have pretty eyes.” — Louis C.K. tweeted support for comedian Daniel Tosh, who’s currently embroiled in major controversy after suggesting that the gang rape of a heckler would be funny during a recent show at LA’s Laugh Factory.
5. And, just because we’re so excited, here’s a photo of the Arrested Development writers’ room tweeted by Ron Howard. Proof that things are really happening!
Bonus Buzz: How To Dress For The Airport, By Lady Gaga