The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Azealia Banks’ nineteen-song Fantasea mixtape is finally here! “Fantasea is almost kind of a first album of sorts… but it happened by mistake,” she writes. “It’s weird. This is a test run… I tried a lot of cool things… Sounds I thought were progressive, beats made by close friends, different flows.” Download it via her Twitter account.
2. According to a British tabloid, Katy Perry’s tour insurers have forbidden from wearing her infamous “spinning peppermint bra,” declaring it to be a safety hazard. Even if this isn’t true, we find it super funny. [via NME]
3. The adorable (not to mention very talented) Kristin Chenoweth was hospitalized yesterday after being struck in the head by a piece of lighting equipment while filming an episode of The Good Wife. The good news is that she’s reportedly listed in stable condition. [via Gawker]
4. The fact that a remake of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? is currently in the works makes us wonder if Hollywood really has run out of new ideas. What’s next? Mommie Dearest? [via ArtsBeat]
5. Neil Gaiman has signed a deal with HarperCollins to write five children’s books; the first, Chu’s Day, will be published next January, and is “a picture book for the very young” that tells “the story of a little panda with a very big sneeze.” [via The Guardian]