The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The nominations for the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced earlier this morning by Kerry Washington and a pajama-clad Jimmy Kimmel, with Mad Men leading the packing with 17 nods. We’ll be discussing the biggest surprises and snubs here shortly.
2. There seems to be a lot of debate right now about whether or not The Dark Knight Rises will be able to beat the insane opening weekend box office numbers posted by The Avengers. As of last night, it had already sold a whopping $25 million in presale tickets. [via Deadline]
3. Professed cookbook author Gwyneth Paltrow is in talks to star in a film based on Blood, Bones & Butter, a recent (not to mention, very excellent) memoir by Gabrielle Hamilton, owner and chef of New York’s Prune restaurant. [via THR]
4. Oh my god you guys, Pretty Little Liars executive producer I. Marlene King is in the early stages of developing a new TV series for ABC Family that’s based on Now and Then!!! [via HuffPost]
5. Fred Willard, the adorable 72-year-old comedic actor who’s in most of Christopher Guest’s movies, was taken into custody and booked on a charge of lewd conduct last night after the vice squad caught him with his pants down at an adult theater in LA. [via Gawker]
Bonus Buzz: The History Of Trivia