The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The trailer for the upcoming season of Doctor Who has landed online, and it’s chock full of awesome Dalek action. Also: dinosaurs on a spaceship! [via io9]
2. “The writing staff was not fired. And just seeing that in print is scaring the hell out of the writing staff. They’re acting very, very strange. They’re coming to work early. They’re being polite to me.” – Aaron Sorkin is denying earlier reports that he fired The Newroom’s entire writing staff. He also disagrees that the show is sexist.
3. Following in the footsteps of pop stars like Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, Beyoncé is reportedly shopping around a self-directed documentary that will be “a mix of music and personal study, blending concert footage with confessional interview.” Fingers crossed there’s a ton of Blue Ivy footage. [via LAT]
4. In other music doc news, Bjork and David Attenborough are teaming up on a project that will air on Channel 4 in the UK; Attenborough and Bjork: The Nature of Music looks at “the evolution of music, our relationship with music and how technology could impact this relationship in the future.” [via NME]
5. Deadline reports that January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, and Vincent Kartheiser have reached agreements with Lionsgate to stay on Mad Men for at least two more seasons; meanwhile, Christina Hendricks is still negotiating her deal.