The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. We’re oddly excited to hear that Parker Posey will be appearing on the upcoming season of New Girl as “a ‘shot girl’ at a party to celebrate the removal of Schmidt’s penis cast.” Given this and her recent stint on Louie, it seems like she’s finally making a long overdue comeback. [via TVLine]
2. Are we the only ones who hope that the sixth season of Jersey Shore will be its last? For those of you still watching the series — which remains the network’s highest-rated reality show — Season 6 premieres on October 7th on MTV. [via ArtsBeat]
3. “She’s such a nightmare. Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn’t happen to a bigger c*nt.” — Elton John had some interesting things to say about Madonna — who he also thinks “looks like a f*cking fairground stripper” — during a recent interview on Australian TV.
4. Lady Gaga’s next album will be called ARTPOP — just like the new tattoo on her forearm! “Make sure when writing about my new album/project ARTPOP that you CAPITALIZE the title,” she tweeted yesterday. “*Its all in the details* good morning twitter!” [via Digital Spy]
5. Over the weekend, Drake — who recently announced that he’s executive producing a posthumous album for Aaliyah — posted “Enough Said,” a song that features some previously unreleased vocals from her on his blog. Give it a listen here, and let us know if you think it could use a lot less Drake.
Bonus Buzz: Water In Space