Marked by dream-like surreality and communal alienation. Also, containing many cats.
The quality of pondering Jewish fatherhood and one’s own deep nostalgia.
Containing a copious amount of creative Spanglish.
1. Of unclear or fluid basis in reality, and/or commentary on such. 2. Of or pertaining to graphic blowjob scenes.
As pertaining to schlubby, awkward, and often self-deprecating dudes.
(George R.R.) Martinesque
1. The quality of anyone being able to die at any time. 2. Characterized by long stretches of narrative wandering.
1. Sprawling and complex, usually as pertains to a family epic. 2. Characterized by a dislike for modern technology and/or general peevishness
(Mark Z.) Danielewskian
Characterized by inconsistencies and experimental presentation.
Pertaining to speculative fiction, and absolutely not to science fiction, because there are no spaceships.
(Bret Easton) Ellisian
1. Marked by the recounting of horrible things in utter deadpan. 2. Fueled by cocaine.
Marked by abject and crushing, but rather lyrical, bleakness.
1. Having wildly colored hair and skin. 2. Marked by children killing each other.
Of a twee and swampy disposition.
Characterized by passionate jungle animals.
Of or pertaining to events that seem impossibly strange and strangely normal at the same time.
Marked by a lot of aimless wandering and thinking about things.
Characterized by an almost painful openness.
Likely to invoke nationwide death threats.
Rife with magical puns.
Marked by a strong sense of nothingness, displacement, dislocation and disassociation.
Of or pertaining to American masturbation.
Able to speak volumes in just a few words.
Highly allusive, particularly in regards to fairy tales and fantasy.
Marked by a brutal sense of self-deprecation.
As pertaining to the distressed sexualities of teenagers.