1. While sources yesterday suggested that director Tony Scott, who died in an apparent suicide Sunday, had inoperable brain cancer, his family has denied those reports. [via LA Times]
2. You know that new Michael J. Fox sitcom that’s caused a bidding war among major netowkrs? Increasingly desperate NBC has won the series by making a big gamble: They’ve agreed to air a full season of 22 episodes, even though they haven’t even seen a pilot. [via Vulture]
3. Unsatisfied with condemning three members of Pussy Riot to hard labor, Russian police are now on the hunt for more members of the feminist punk band/radical art collective. [via NME]
4. Rosie O’Donnell is recovering after a heart attack last week. “i am lucky to be here,” she writes on her blog, describing the symptoms she began to feel after helping an “enormous” woman who was stuck in a car and crediting her survival to commercials that reminded her to take aspirin. [via The Wrap]
5. Garbage have released a beautifully shot, black-and-white video for their new single, “Big Bright World.” Watch it at Stereogum.
Bonus Buzz: Watch All of Leslie Knope’s Impressions