The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The People’s List, a readers’ poll of the best albums of Pitchfork’s first 15 years, is now live here, with a top ten that includes Radiohead three separate times.
2. For reasons that are very unclear to us, Disney has decided that it’s a good idea to reboot The Rocketeer. [via Vulture]
3. In the latest edition of James Franco Career Mad Libs, the actor is teaming up with art-porn director Travis Mathews on James Franco’s Cruising, a project that will reimagine the “lost 40 minutes” of Cruising, a controversial 1980 film about serial murders in the gay S&M scene that starred Al Pacino. [via Indiewire]
4. Lana Del Rey has signed a reported six-figure deal to become the new face of Jaguar. “Jaguar’s allure is in large part due to its unique blend of authenticity and modernity,” says the company’s global brand director, “two values we believe are shared with Lana in her professional achievements.” [via NME]
5. Ellen DeGeneres is on board for the Finding Nemo sequel, but by the time the animated flick finally hits theaters, all of the kids who loved the original movie will already be in college. [via THR]