1. Katy Perry and John Mayer are reportedly no longer dating, but will remain friends. Do you think any interesting songs will come out of their brief affair?
2. Retired cyclist Lance Armstrong has decided not to fight the charges that he currently faces from the US Anti-Doping Agency, which means he’s likely to be stripped of his Tour de France titles and banned from the sport for life. [via Deadspin]
3. Jerry Nelson — who was the first Muppeteer to bring Mr. Snuffleupagus to life, and performed hundreds of Jim Henson’s characters on The Muppet Show and Sesame Street — has died. [via Slashfilm]
4. In case you’re interested in giving them a spin, three new Lana Del Rey songs have leaked online. [via NME]
5. Madonna says that she forgives Elton John for recently calling her a “fucking fairground stripper” (among other things!), but given the song that she decided to dedicate to him at a recent concert in Nice, we’re not buying it for one second. [via Vulture]