The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Ron Howard has confirmed that he and Brian Grazer will be filming Jay-Z’s Made in America music festival for a feature that will be released next year. “This will not be a concert film,” he explains. “It’s a reflection of the fabric of what it means to be Made in America – what the festival represents, why Jay is doing it and how he relates to each artist.” [via Deadline]
2. In related news, there’s a juicy rumor floating around that Beyoncé will be making a surprise appearance at the festival, which takes place this weekend in Philly. What’s unclear: whether she’ll be performing together on stage with her hubby, or doing a set of her own. [via Vulture]
3. Of course the soundtrack for RZA’s directorial debut The Man With the Iron Fists sounds like it’s going to be awesome. According to Pitchfork, “It features new tracks from Kanye West, Ghostface Killah, Pusha T, Raekwon, the Wu-Tang Clan, and Talib Kweli, as well as RZA collaborating with the Black Keys and Flatbush Zombies.”
4. Here’s some preview footage of Radiohead and Bon Iver from two upcoming episodes of Austin City Limits; their respective shows air October 6th and October 13th on PBS. [via Stereogum]
5. And finally, while Jens Lekman’s new album I Know What Love Isn’t isn’t due out until next week, it’s currently streaming in its entirety over on The Quietus. Enjoy!
Bonus Buzz: 32 of TV And Film’s Fantasy Male Couples