The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Here’s a clip of Orbital and Stephen Hawking performing at the opening ceremony for the Paralympics, which just kicked off in London. Those Hadron Collider dancers might be our favorite part.
2. A Doctor Horrible sequel within the next year? We don’t know how Joss Whedon is going to find the room on his already packed dance card, but yes please! [via Variety]
3. In an interesting twist, Michael Keaton is replacing Hugh Laurie as the villain in the RoboCop reboot. Considering that the cast already includes Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, and Abbie Cornish, it’s looking like we’re going to have to see this remake, even if we do find it totally unnecessary. [via Deadline]
4. According to Fox News, Clint Eastwood is tonight’s top secret speaker at the Republican Convention. If this turns out to be true, we hope that a) he’s being paid very well and b) he finds some way to top those insane “Halftime in America” Super Bowl spots. [via Deadline]
5. FX has ordered 90 more episodes of Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management. The only thing that makes us at all OK with this is the news that Martin Sheen will be appearing in about 20 of those episodes. [via THR]
Bonus Buzz: 10 Little-Known Condiments From Around The World