The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The shortlist for the 2012 Man Booker Prize has been named, with Hilary Mantel’s critical darling Bring up the Bodies and Jeet Thayil’s awesome debut Narcopolis both making the cut. The winner will be announced at a dinner on October 16th. [via Largehearted Boy]
2. Here’s a way too brief snippet of Missy Elliott’s comeback single, “9th Inning,” which will be featured on her forthcoming album, Block Party, due out later this year.
3. Cynthia Nixon has signed on to play Emily Dickinson in a biopic about the reclusive poet from director Terence Davies (House of Mirth). Smart casting, right? Dickinson was totally a Miranda. [via THR]
4. In case you missed it, here are clips of David Byrne and St. Vincent performing “Who” and “The Forest Awakes” last night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
5. A demo of the controversial Sex Pistols’ “Belsen Was A Gas” — a track that was believed to lost — has surfaced online. Give it a listen here.
Bonus Buzz: Secret Menu At Guy Fieri’s New NYC Restaurant