The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Last night on Conan, Tig Notaro told the late night host that her recent mastectomy went well, and the cancer didn’t spread. In more good news, following a conversation he had with Woody Allen, Louis CK is planning to release her now legendary Largo set about her breast cancer diagnosis on his website. [via Splitsider]
2. Vanessa Redgrave has joined the cast of Jesse Eisenberg’s new Off Broadway show, The Revisionist; she’ll be playing a 75-year-old Holocaust survivor in Poland who reconnects with her cousin, a young science-fiction writer from America. [via ArtsBeat]
3. Here’s the trailer for 42, a new Jackie Robinson biopic written and directed by Brian Helgeland (LA Confidential), and other than Harrison Ford’s really awful makeup job, we think it looks pretty promising; the film is due out in theaters on April 13, 2013.
4. Fox is developing a new show that’s purportedly a modernized version of Hamlet. America’s Son — “part juicy soap, part paranoid political thriller” — tells the story of “a renegade JFK Jr. type” who “returns home to DC to discover his father’s death was no accident” and thus “makes it his mission to untangle a complicated web of family secrets, expose the truth, and ultimately avenge the murder.” What would Willy say? [via Deadline]
5. In case you missed it, here’s Bobby Moynihan as Drunk Uncle from the first SNL Weekend Update Thursday of the season. [via Pop Culture Brain]
Bonus Buzz: 10 Things You Probably Never Knew About Atari