The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In case you missed it last night, here’s the full list of winners from the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, an evening which was dominated by Modern Family, Homeland, and Louis CK.
2. Fiona Apple shared some kind of garbled thoughts about her recent arrest for hash possession during a show in Houston on Friday night — specifically, the “inappropriate and probably illegal” behavior of four people who we’re assuming are police officers. Watch the footage here.
3. “I’ve been around since 19-f*cking-8. And you’re gonna give me one f*cking minute? You’ve gotta be f*cking kidding me! You’re f*cking kidding me. What the f*ck! I’m not f*cking Justin Bieber, you motherf*ckers.” — Following this profanity-laden rant at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas on Friday night, Billie Joe Armstrong has checked himself into rehab for substance abuse treatment.
4. The good news: HBO is giving Treme a fourth and final season! The bad news: It will only be four to six episodes long, depending on how they budget things. [via Vulture]
5. If you missed the chance to see Bon Iver at Radio City Music Hall on Friday night, an HD live stream of the the 97-minute show will be up on YouTube for the next 48 hours courtesy of Bowery Presents. [via Stereogum]
Bonus Buzz: Why I Struggle To Love Madonna