The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Rihanna’s “Diamonds,” the lead single off her untitled seventh album, has arrived online. Listen to the song — which was written by Sia, produced by Stargate and Benny Blanco, and includes 35 mentions of the word “diamond” — here.
2. Iconic singer Andy Williams — best known for songs like “Moon River” and “Can’t Help Falling In Love” — has died at the age of 84 following a battle with cancer. [via Huff Post]
3. Lil Wayne is suing filmmaker Quincy Jones III for illegally using his music in a documentary about the rapper’s life. According to this video footage of his deposition with Jones’ lawyers, Weezy is seriously forgetful and also believes that he’s psychic.
4. We’re sure that Emily Brontë would be absolutely thrilled to hear that NBC just bought the pilot for a modern retelling of Wuthering Heights that will be set in the Napa Valley. [via THR]
5. In case you missed it, last night Jimmy Fallon and the guys from Guys With Kids performed a medley their favorite TV theme songs, from The Jeffersons to The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Watch the delightful clip here.
Bonus Buzz: James Van Der Beek Has Gotten Hotter With Age