The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Sons of Anarchy actor Johnny Lewis was found dead outside of a home in LA yesterday; police say that he “appeared to have died from some type of fall, either from the stairway, or from the balcony, or from one of the roofs.” Lewis is also considered a suspect in the murder of an elderly woman found inside of the house. [via ABC News]
2. See, Morrissey can be nice when he wants to be. [via Pitchfork]
3. As The Awl points out, many of the reviews for J.K. Rowling’s first adult novel, The Causal Vacancy, are a bit confusing, but it’s clear that New York Times critic Michiko Kakutani was really not a fan.
4. Did you realize that there’s a younger, happier version of the Mona Lisa floating around? Apparently some art experts believe Leonardo da Vinci painted it over a decade earlier than his more famous work. [via Gawker]
5. The designers competing on the second season of Project Runway: All Stars have been announced, and we’re happy to see that memorable contestants like Wendy Pepper, Kayne Gillaspie, and Casanova all made the cut. [via THR]
Bonus Buzz: A Visual History Of Bilbo Baggins