1. In case you missed Breaking Bad creator/executive producer Vince Gilligan on The Colbert Report last night, here’s the interview. While he refuses to reveal to Colbert how the show will end, their “meth off” alone makes this clip a must-see.
2. Apparently Julian Fellowes is thinking about doing a Downton Abbey prequel that would focus on Robert and Cora’s courtship. Um, yes please! [via Vulture]
3. “Set in musically rich New Orleans, The Swamp follows the misadventures of a scramble-style college marching band and its unlikeliest of mentors. Named after the name of the off-campus house where the band members reside, the show is described as a contemporary character comedy with social commentary and musical performances.” — NBC is developing a new show that sounds like what would happen if Treme and Glee had a baby.
4. If you’d like to see Michael Richards try to explain the racist rant that derailed his career back in 2006, watch the final installment of Jerry Seinfeld’s web series, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. (That part begins around the 14 minute mark.) [via Pop Culture Brain]
5. Mumford and Sons’ Babel is on track to have the biggest first week sales of any new album since 2008. If the band’s popularity blows your mind, we recommend reading this excellent analysis by Ann Powers.