1. If you’re a Homeland fan who doesn’t have Showtime, you’ll be thrilled to hear that last night’s Season 2 premiere is available online here. (The Season 7 premiere of Dexter is streaming, too.) [via Pop Culture Brain]
2. Pussy Riot’s planned appeal hearing for today has been postponed until October 10th because Yekaterina Samutsevich has decided that she no longer wants to be represented by her lawyer, or the other two defense attorneys who are attached to the case. As she explains, “My position in the criminal case does not coincide with their position.” [via NYT]
3. If you were at Jack White’s Radio City Music Hall show on Saturday night, you might have been confused when he left the stage after only 45 minutes, and didn’t return for an encore. Some people are saying it was because the crowd lacked energy, while others report he was pissed off at scalpers.
4. “You know, the Internet has a way of announcing things on its own. In fact, Johnny is somebody who I would love to work with at some point, but he’s not going to be in this movie.” – Unfortunately, Johnny Depp is not really attached to Wes Anderson’s next film, The Grand Budapest Hotel. But Bill Murray is!
5. Prepare to feel old: Today marks the 30th anniversary of the first commercial album to be released on CD. Any guesses what it was? [via NPR]
Bonus Buzz: 15 Reasons Why The Internet Was Lame In The ’90s