The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Apparently Lena Dunham’s literary agency is shopping around a proposal for her first book, and they’re hoping to land her a $1 million dollar deal — at the very least. Tentatively titled Not That Kind of Girl: Advice by Lena Dunham, it will include “candid accounts of losing her virginity, trying to eat well (detailed diet journal included), obsessing about death, and so on, along with tips about how to stay focused on work, how not to ruin a potential relationship, and what have you.” [via Brow Beat]
2. Here are some interesting casting details for Joss Whedon’s forthcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot for ABC. How much do you wanna bet that he’s thinking of Summer Glau to play Skye?
3. It sounds like Bryan Fuller’s Munsters reboot, Mockingbird Lane, is no longer happening. “The pilot was lauded for its visual style but pulling off the high-concept premise — a show about a family of ‘monsters’ — was always considered a risky proposition,” writes Nellie Andreeva at Deadline. “In the end, I hear it didn’t quite work.” Update: This tweet from Fuller claims she’s wrong.
4. Listen to the studio version “Mama Told Me,” a new Big Boi track featuring Kelly Rowland that Funkmaster Flex debuted last night on his radio show, here; the Outkast rapper’s solo album Vicious Lies And Dangerous Rumors is due out November 13th on Def Jam.
5. And finally, just because we love her so, watch a clip of Rebel Wilson serenading Jay Leno and fellow Tonight Show guest Bryan Cranston with “Edge of Glory.” The latter’s reaction is pretty priceless. [via Crushable]
Bonus Buzz: The Most Popular Phrases Of The ’90s