The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Jay-Z has announced plans to stream the last of his eight concerts at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on YouTube. The footage will air tomorrow night beginning at 9:30pm EST on the rapper’s new Life and Times channel on the site. [via Hitfix]
2. “Motherf—ker fired Big Bird and won! Beloved children’s character Big Bird. And the sad truth is Romney could have waterboarded Aladdin, put down Blue, deported Dora the Explorer, and still won walking away!” – Jon Stewart had some strong feelings about Wednesday’s presidential debate on last night’s Daily Show.
3. NME has posted some rare Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros tracks that will be included as bonus material on the re-released versions of the band’s final two LPS.
4. Andrew W.K., magician David Blaine, and a million-volt keyboard solo. Something tells us that this won’t end well. [via Pitchfork]
5. During an appearance last night on Conan, J.J. Abrams debuted an extremely brief clip from Star Trek Into Darkness. Watch all three frames of it here.