1. Jay-Z took the subway to Brooklyn’s new Barclays Center for the final performance in his eight-night venue-opening run. And, of course, his fellow commuters flipped the eff out. Watch a video of the chaos at Vibe.
2. Despite taking a beating from critics, Taken 2 ruled the weekend box office, earning $50 million. Hotel Transylvania finished second with $26.3 million, and Pitch Perfect — which expanded to 2,770 theaters after a strong opening in limited release — rounded out the top three with $14.7 million. [via MTV News]
3. Rogue citizen art critics strike again: a visitor to the Tate Modern painted a black “scrawl that included the name ‘Vladimir'” on the lower right corner of one of Mark Rothko‘s Seagram murals. [via LA Times]
4. Lovable odd couple David Cross and Amber Tamblyn got married over the weekend, and Yo La Tengo was their wedding band. The veteran indie act, which boasts an excellent repertoire of covers, reportedly played songs by Superchunk, Mission of Burma, and Pixies. Hipster couples, take note: the “cool wedding” bar just got raised. [via NY Daily News]
5. “We’ve got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can’t talk about any of that at the moment. They’ve put the gag on me on this. You can hint.” Yup, Keith Richards spilled the beans on some new Rolling Stones gigs. [via NME]