1. If you ask us, no one is cool enough to play Patti Smith in the film adaptation of Just Kids — especially not Kristen Stewart! — but we could live with Mia Wasikowka or Saoirse Ronan. [via EW]
2. Listen and “sing-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling” along to “Ding-a-ling-a-ring-a-ling,” the third song to be released from Sufjan Stevens’ forthcoming Christmas box set, here — but don’t blame us if the tune gets stuck in your head all morning.
3. NBC plans to develop a new half-hour comedy based on Emma Koenig’s Fuck I’m In My Twenties blog on Tumblr. According to Deadline, the show, which is already drawing comparisons to Girls, “chronicles a woman’s experience as a twentysomething living in the big city” and “will reflect the reality today’s generation is facing post-graduation.”
4. In equally depressing TV news, ABC is developing a comedy called Michael Bolton’s Daughter Is Destroying My Life that will actually star Michael Bolton as a fictional version of himself. [via Deadline]
5. “Neither I nor anyone else on the tour bus was aware of his decision to bring these on board. Law enforcement officials did not press charges against anyone other than that individual.” – Authorities in West Texas found marijuana, heroin, and a loaded gun on Nelly’s tour bus on Wednesday, and after detaining the rapper, arrested fellow passenger Brian Keith Jones, who said they were his.
Bonus Buzz: The Vice Presidential Debate (As Told By GIFs)