The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. If you’re still mourning the fact that Louie’s off the air until 2014, here’s a small bit of solace: Louis CK will host Saturday Night Live for the first time on November 3rd. This should be interesting, right? [via Pop Culture Brain]
2. Performance-capture wizard Andy Serkis is planning to direct and star in a live action version of Animal Farm. Maybe adapting a George Orwell classic will be what finally makes the Academy take him seriously. [via ArtsBeat]
3. The first trailer for Iron Man 3 is set to debut later tonight/early tomorrow morning, but if you can’t wait until then, there’s 15 seconds worth of teaser footage posted on Slashfilm.
4. Jay-Z and Beyoncé have lost their court battle to trademark Blue Ivy’s name, which they reportedly wanted to use on a line of baby products. [via Daily Beast]
5. Due to his mother’s recent hospitalization, Morrissey has postponed a handful of upcoming dates on his current US tour so that he can return to England to be with her. [via Pitchfork]
Bonus Buzz: An Illicit Photobooth Kiss from 1953