The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. The New York Times has an interesting interview with New York rapper Angel Haze about her her decision to release “Cleanin’ Out My Closet,” a very personal song that chronicles her history of sexual abuse with stark honesty.
2. If you’re embarrassed about your warm and fuzzy feelings for Taylor Swift, you might want to take a few minutes to read this hilarious piece by Richard Lawson that explains her “evil gift.” (Side note: Her new album Red has already sold 500,000 copies, and is expected to break Mumford & Sons’ first-week sales record for 2012.)
3. Last night on Jimmy Fallon, Tom Hanks performed a slam poem about Full House — specifically, the episode where DJ won Beach Boys tickets on the radio. Here’s the clip. You’re welcome.
4. MoMA PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach and Courtney Love are hosting the museum’s first ever “artist’s Halloween carnival and parade.” We’d like to see photos, please. [via GalleristNY]
5. Have you ever wished there was a TV show that described itself as “Game of Thrones meets Marie Antoinette“? Then you’ll probably be happy to hear the CW has bought Reign, a “fantastical reimagining of the teenage Mary Queen of Scots.” [via Vulture]
Bonus Buzz: 32 of Your Childhood Crushes Then and Now