The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Would you like to own the bass guitar that Kurt Cobain smashed in Nirvana’s music video for “Smells Like Teen Spirit”? Well, you’re in luck! It’s going up for auction next month at Christie’s in London, where it’s expected to fetch between £15,000 and £25,000. [via NME]
2. “I may have to cancel my European tour due to bankruptcy and my health struggle with angioedema. I have not thrown in any towel, I am trying to figure out what best I can do… Got sick day after Sun came out and been struggling to keep all points of me in equilibrium: mind, spirit, body healthy, centered and grounded.” — Chan Marshall just posted this sad news via Instagram.
3. A new election-themed episode of 3O Rock will air tonight, as opposed to in its usual Thursday time slot. We’re confused: Is NBC trying to make it harder for people to watch the show? [via Pop Culture Brain]
4. Mayor Bloomberg has announced that New York City’s annual Village Halloween Parade will be postponed; the 2012 New York City Marathon, however, is currently is still on for Sunday. [via NY1]
5. New York architect Lebbeus Woods, who trained under Eero Saarinen and became a cult favorite for his “fantastical illustrations of imaginary buildings and dystopic scenes,” died yesterday at age 72. [via ArtsBeat]
Bonus Buzz: Toy Story Meets IKEA