The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. You know that $4.05 billion that George Lucas made in his deal with Disney? Apparently he plans to donate “the majority of the proceeds” to his philanthropic endeavors. [via Collider]
2. Wes Anderson says that Grand Budapest Hotel “mostly takes place about 85 years ago… And it’s kind of European … a bit inspired partly by Hollywood Europe, and also by some European writers around that time.” You guys, we cannot wait to see this film! [via Vulture]
3. We’re seriously digging the new poster for Joss Whedon’s black and white film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. Now all we need is a release date! [via Pop Culture Brain]
4. NBC will air a live telethon on Friday night to benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Matt Lauer is hosting, and the evening will include performances by Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Christina Aguilera, Sting, and Jon Bon Jovi. [via THR]
5. Vampire Weekend dressed up like skeletons and debuted their new song “Unbelievers” on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. Watch a clip of the performance here.