The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. If you were as taken with this cover of New York magazine as most of the world was, here’s Dutch photographer Iwan Baan describing how he captured the stunning image. [via Poynter]
2. MTV will air a fundraising special on November 15th called Restore the Shore. The one-hour show will feature cast of Jersey Shore, and the money raised will go toward rebuilding the Seaside Heights’ boardwalk, as well as supporting local businesses and residents. [via Deadline]
3. Apparently this clip of a crazy Val Kilmer performing on stage with the Black Lips at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin is actually part of a Terrence Malick movie. [via Stereogum]
4. Skyfall director Sam Mendes and writer John Logan are re-teaming on a vampire hunter TV series “in the vein of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen” that will be set in 1800s London. Perhaps this could be Showtime’s answer to True Blood? [via The Playlist]
5. Here’s an unreleased collection of 35 minutes of material from Chromatics’ sessions for Kill for Love.