The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Musical theater geeks, drop everything: A new international trailer for Les Misérables has landed online, and unlike the previous teaser, it includes juicy snippets of “One Day More” and “Do You Hear The People Sing?” Are we the only ones getting chills?
2. A benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Sandy called “12-12-12” will be held at Madison Square Garden on December 12; while there’s no official artist lineup yet, we do know that proceeds will be distributed through the Robin Hood Relief Fund. [via ArtsBeat]
3. “I like The Smiths — I would love to do a song with The Smiths, because they are so sonically different. And they just go into that little rampage where they’re just super fucking loud and noisy and I think it would be really cool.” – Angel Haze tells The Quietus that she’d like to record a song with both Morrissey and Johnny Marr.
4. You’ll be happy to hear that “more than a few pages” of the Wet Hot American Summer sequel have already been written. David Wain pinkie swears. [via Laughingspin]
5. The LA Times reports that next week’s episode of Gossip Girl will exclusively feature songs from Frank Ocean’s debut album, Channel Orange, marking the first time his music has ever been used to soundtrack a TV show.
Bonus Buzz: 11 Jaw-Dropping Images of Our Warming Planet