The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Lindsay Lohan was actually pretty funny last night in the “Let Us Play With Your Look” segment on Jimmy Fallon — granted, she didn’t have to say anything. [via Pop Culture Brain]
2. “I just thought it was ridiculous. I mean, I’ve read reviews — there’s good and there’s bad in the restaurant business. But that to me went so overboard, it really seemed like there was an agenda.” — Guy Fieri responds to the brutal New York Times‘ takedown of his restaurant.
3. The star-studded lineup for the upcoming Hurricane Sandy benefit concert at Madison Square Garden has been announced, and the impressive roster includes Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, The Who, and Kanye West. [via Brooklyn Vegan]
4. Does the fact that Book Of Mormon star Josh Gad will be co-writing the script for Triplets — a sequel to Twins that will feature Eddie Murphy as the long-lost brother of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito — make it sound any more appealing to you? [via Deadline]
5. Gone Girl author Gillian Flynn has signed a two-book deal with Crown Publishers. One of the new works will be her first YA novel, the other, which is due out in 2015, “will be in the tradition of her darkly brilliant and gripping previous books.” [via ArtsBeat]
Bonus Buzz: Eight Video Game Characters Who Found Religion