The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have announced that their 15th studio album, Push the Sky Away — purportedly the most “subtly beautiful” of their releases to-date — is due out on February 18th in the UK. Check out the album art, tracklist, and a trailer over on Pitchfork; stay tuned for the US release date.
2. According to claims put forth in a new book, Robert Burchfield, a former editor of the Oxford English Dictionary, secretly deleted thousands of words back in the ’70s and ’80s, reportedly because of “their foreign origins.” [via Guardian]
3. Now a third accuser has come forward with a lawsuit against Elmo voice actor Kevin Clash — and he’s planning to read from his work-in-progress book about their affair at a press conference being held today. [via Gawker]
4. There’s a rumor that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will “absolutely” be returning as Batman in the Justice League movie — and we might even get to see him suit up before that, in a Marvel-style cameo in Man of Steel. [via HitFix]
5. If this tweet from Aaron Paul is any indication, then the first episode of the final season of Breaking Bad is going to be everything that you ever hoped for.