The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In case you’re curious, TVLine has the scoop on how Community writers plan to handle Chevy Chase’s departure from the show — including how they might work Pierce into the episodes that haven’t been shot yet.
2. Presented sans commentary: the woman who Lindsay Lohan punched in the eye was a psychic. [via The Daily Beast]
3. If you’ve got any fashion-obsessed friends, they’re probably freaking out over the news that Balenciaga will name Alexander Wang its new creative director next week. As WWD explains, “The choice of Wang suggests Balenciaga might wish to dial down the elitist, couture-like approach of [Nicolas] Ghesquière, and open up to a broader audience with a designer prized for his sportswear approach and youthful energy.”
4. Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn has apologized for being homophobic and sexist in a blog post that he wrote a few years back that referred to X-Man Gambit as a “Cajun fruit” and Batgirl as “easy.” From his statement to GLAAD: “The attempted humor in the blog does not represent my actual feelings. However, I can see where statements were poorly worded and offensive to many. I’m sorry and regret making them at all.” [via Vulture]
5. If you’d like to hear Florence Welch duet with The Rolling Stones on “Gimme Shelter,” it’s your lucky day! [via Stereogum]