The Morning’s Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. James Franco explains that his band Daddy’s new song “Can’t Say Goodbye” was inspired by his father’s recent death. Watch the music video for the track — which features childhood home movies of the actor — here.
2. The National debuted four new songs during their performance at All Tomorrow’s Parties in England over the weekend. Listen to one of the tracks here.
3. Sadly, now a fourth person has come forward accusing former Sesame Street puppeteer Kevin Clash of sexually abusing a minor — and this time, he could face criminal charges. [via Vulture]
4. Lindsay Lohan missed a mandatory court appearance in order to travel overseas with The Wanted. Does this count as rock bottom? [via THR]
5. No Doubt is collaborating with Fred Perry on a collection that will reference the band’s “ska and reggae roots” and highlight the brand’s “relationship with subculture.” [via Fast Company]