The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories
1. In spite of 4chan’s best efforts, Time Magazine has named Barack Obama — and not North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un — its “Person of the Year”. [via Gawker]
2. Could Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs be headlining Coachella 2013? This email sure seems to suggest so.
3. Here’s an interesting peek at what the New York Public Library’s controversial $300 million renovation of its Fifth Avenue flagship location will actually look like, as envisioned by starchitect Norman Foster. [via NYT]
4. It looks like we just got our Christmas wish: Jason Schwartzman will guest star as the owner of the Pawnee VideoDome in an upcoming episode of Parks and Recreation! [via Huffington Post]
5. After finding some critical success with In the Land of Blood and Honey, Angelina Jolie is apparently looking to hop back in the director’s chair with Unbroken, “the unbelievable story of Olympian-turned-WWII POW Louis Zamperini.” [via Vulture]