Have You Picked Up Your Copy of the Fake New York Post?
Remember that stunt the Yes Men performed last November when they put out a fake edition of the New York Times? Well, earlier today they released a “special edition” of the New York Post, filling it with factual stories that are all about climate change. According to Gawker, it’s part of the hype leading up to tonight’s premiere of The Age of Stupid in Lower Manhattan; their take: “So while the Fake NYT was about ending the Iraq War, the Fake NYP is all about global warming. It’s much too earnest to really capture the full comedic potential of the setup, but you have to at least admire the ambition.” A list of spots where volunteers should be handing out copies, along with some video after the jump.
Update: Police officers detained three volunteers handing out copies outside of New York Post headquarters in midtown.
* UN Headquarters – 2nd Ave. and E. 41st Street, SE corner
* Grand Central – E. 42nd St. and Lexington, SW corner
* Penn Station – W. 33rd Street between 7th and 8th Ave., nearer to 7th Ave.
* Columbus Circle – corner of 58th and 8th Ave., NW side
* Wall Street area – just north of 20 Broad Street, near Wall Street
* Atlantic Ave. subway stop, on the corner of Ashland and Hansen Place
* Staten Island Ferry building – northwest corner of State Street and Whitehall Street
* World Trade Center – Church and Barclay, SE corner
* Union Square – northwest side, near 17th Street