We’re looking for culturally savvy, enthusiastic interns with a passion for visual art, literature, music, dance, theatre, and/or film to work in our Soho office this fall. We rely on our interns to handle a heavy load of detail-oriented work, so the more nitpicky your nature, the better. For more details, click through — and send those resumes and writing samples our way!
Flavorpill is actively seeking editorial interns with a knack for writing quick copy, spotting breaking news stories, and promoting content to other sites, to work in its NYC headquarters. The ideal candidate is a culture junkie, capable of juggling multiple assignments, and familiar with the Flavorpill brand. Previous online publishing experience with WordPress or similar blogging software is a plus. A sense of humor is absolutely essential.
- Scanning the RSS feeds for breaking news stories
- Writing 2 to 3 blog posts/Flavorpill listings per day (we pay per post)
- Setting up interviews and features with the artists featured in the Flavorpill events listings
- Promoting and marketing Flavorpill using Twitter, Facebook, and social bookmarking sites
- Leaving relevant and informative comments on Flavorpill and Flavorwire
- Contacting listed venues to verify event information
- Covering screenings, gallery openings, and other industry events as a representative of Flavorpill
- Ability to brainstorm new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
This internship is part-time (but we’re looking for someone who can commit two days per week) and work is located in our Soho office. All writing assignments are paid. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Please note: We promise that there will be no hazing. In fact, you might even score some free muffins.