Evan Shapiro, Executive Vice President for NBC Universal Digital Enterprises, has confirmed plans to launch a web-based streaming service for comedy called “Seeso.”
Intended for “comedy super fans,” the service will provide advertisement-free video streaming on demand programming, including live-streamed standup every month, curated classic films like Monty Python’s Flying Circus and The Kids in the Hall remastered in HD, complete collections of more recent series such as Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, The Office, and Parks and Recreation, and exclusive new content. This includes:
– HarmonQuest, a comedy from Dan Harmon combining live action and animation.
– The UCB Show from hosts, creators, and Upright Citizens Brigade founders Amy Poehler, Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts and Matt Besser
– Bajillion Dollar Propertie$, a reality-show spoof from executive producers Scott Aukerman, Ben Garant, Tom Lennon and Kulap Vilaysack
– Thingstarter, a workplace comedy; and Dave & Ethan: Lovemakers, a dating game improv show, both from Broadway Video’s Above Average Productions
– Stand-up series Night Train with Wyatt Cenac and Take My Wife from creators and hosts Cameron Esposito and Rhea Butcher
– Hidden America, a travel show parody with Johan Ray
– Live From The Barrel House and The Comedy Show Show, comedy series from Rooftop Comedy
– Ricketts Lane, a musical comedy about mismatched housemates, one human, one puppet
– Flowers, a dark family comedy starring Julian Barratt and Olivia Colman; among others
If you don’t want to pay the relatively cheap price of $3.99 per month, Seeso will also provide some free content for users only willing to enter their email.
Seeso is set to launch in January 2016, and will be available on their website and various connected devices.