Airport Architecture: The Most Beautiful Terminals in the World
While you might not be racking up the frequent flier miles of George Clooney’s Ryan Bingham character from Up in the Air, odds are that you’re going to be catching a flight somewhere in the coming weeks. And that there will be massive delays. But that doesn’t have to be a bad thing: We consider these seven beautiful airport terminals from around the world the kind of places an architecture geek wouldn’t mind getting stuck in — for a few hours at least.
Which aesthetically pleasing hubs did we miss?
1. Beijing Capital International Airport ( Foster + Partners)
2. Bilbao Airport (Santiago Calatrava)
3. Incheon International Airport, Seoul (Fentress Bradburn Architects)
4. Heathrow International Airport, Terminal 5 (Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners)
5. JFK International Airport, TWA Terminal (Eero Saarinen)
6. Madrid Barajas International Airport, Terminal 4 (Richard Rogers)
7. Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 3 (CPG Corporation and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LP)