Pigs may not fly and hell may not have frozen over (yet), but seeing some of our favorite Hollywood A-listers suddenly belt out a tune on-screen often feels like the equivalent. Sure, you may have been nominated for an Academy Award, Jeff Bridges and Kate Hudson, but can you carry a tune? While we’ve yet to screen Crazy Heart and Nine ourselves, according to the LA Times, apparently you can!
A look at some of our other favorite musical/acting savants after the jump.
1. Ed Westwick Leighton Meester may be making a name for herself as a singer but she isn’t the only Gossip Girl cast member taking a stab at a singing career. (Actually, far from it.) Between this clip of him performing in London and that gay kiss, we just have one question: Will you marry us, Ed?
2. Gwyneth Paltrow They say the heart of rock and roll is still beating. We thought about making a joke about how Gwyneth’s attempts at singing would constitute that as a miracle, but then we discovered that her husband isn’t the only one who can croon.
3. Jane Krakowski If only the real NBC had promos like these maybe they wouldn’t be in fourth place.
4. Jennifer Aniston You may think that Rachel Green’s singing debut won’t land in theaters until the release of The Goree Girls, but we and the clip below would beg to differ.
5. Meryl Streep Is there anything better than Meryl Streep? Oh, wait. We forgot. There is: Meryl Streep and ABBA.
6. Michael Cera We suppose we shouldn’t have been shocked — he did play a character named George Michael once upon a time. This is the only part of Juno that we think has any repeat viewing value.
7. Mindy Kaling, Ellie Kemper, Ed Helms, and BJ Novak White suits. Baby Aspirin. Wind Machines. Subtle Sexuality’s debut video has it all.
8. Natalie Portman Can she sing? The jury is still out. But bitch sure can rap.
9. Rupert Everett Because sometimes we all. wear. pink.
10. Zooey Deschanel Sure, we all know about She & Him, her collaboration with M. Ward, but it’s her Cotton commercial that we just can’t get out of our heads.