As Broad City continues its impressive third season, which has seen a new focus on character growth and multi-episode story arcs, it’s safe to say Abbi and Ilana are on a roll. It was a nice treat this afternoon when the two took some time out of their very busy schedules — and, as you’ll find out in one of the answers below, they are very busy — to plant themselves on Twitter to answer the questions of some of us plebes.
Many of the answers were given in video format, which meant that the two of them could pretty rapidly (and satisfyingly) respond to questions, so there’s a whole heap of stuff in their respective Twitter feeds. It was fun to watch, and their personalities certainly came through. And no, before you ask, they weren’t stoned while they did it.
We’ve collected some of the highlights below.
- Their characters were almost named Carly and Evelyn.
- Ilana wants to blaze with Whoopi.
- Abbi’s hair is not actually straight, which proves that she’s Jewish.
- Hannibal Buress might be back.
- Abbi likes Girls.
- Ilana isn’t listening to much new music, but she’s excited for a not-so-secret Blood Orange album.
- Abbi will be your mom.
- They’re trying to write with the overall series in mind, especially now that they’ve got an order for Seasons 4 and 5.
- Ilana would take violent action if she saw Trump.
- Abbi likes a sharp cheddar.
- Like most professional actors, they are not high/drunk while filming as drunk/high people.
- Ilana promises you can be as great as she and Abbi are.
- Why Bernie didn’t guest star.
- What’s there to say about Ilana’s sexual ambiguity?
- Amy Sedaris is a dream to work with.
- They’ve been doing a lot outside of just writing/filming Broad City.
- Amy Poehler is pretty involved in the show.
- Abbi is really into jam bands, and knows all the words to every Phish song.
- Lastly, find out Ilana’s pegging status.